Health and Wellbeing
Welcome to the Health and Wellbeing Faculty who deliver high quality Physical Education and Food and Consumer Technology to our pupils. We aim to ensure children and young people develop the knowledge and understanding, skills, capabilities and attributes which they need for mental, emotional, social and physical wellbeing now and in the future. Learning through health and wellbeing enables children and young people to:
• Make informed decisions in order to improve their mental, emotional, social and physical wellbeing.
• Experience challenge and enjoyment.
• Experience positive aspects of healthy living and activity for themselves.
• Apply their mental, emotional, social and physical skills to pursue a healthy lifestyle.
• Make a successful move to the next stage of education or work.
• Establish a pattern of health and wellbeing which will be sustained into adult life, and which will help to promote the health and wellbeing of the next generation of Scottish children. It also enables some to perform at high levels in sport or prepare for careers within the health and leisure industries.
Curriculum Leader Health and Wellbeing
Karen Dickson - Physical Education
Mr Robert Simpson
Mr Michael Clark
Miss Jenna Macfarlane
Mr Calum Slavin
Mr Mark Naysmith
Food and Consumer Technology
Mrs Agnieszka McGlasson
Mrs Rachel Kerr