Curriculum for Excellence Explained
- The latest useful documents for parents have come from the National Parent Forum of Scotland. They have produced a series of A4 sheets entitled 'Highers in a Nutshell' for subject areas at Higher level. To download your copies visit:
- National 4 and National 5 Nutshells are also available. To download your copies, visit: https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/glowblogs/NPF/nationals-in-a-nutshell/
- Below, under files, you can find a Parent's guide, provided by the City of Edinburgh, giving responses to many frequently asked questions about the on-going Curriculum for Excellence changes.
- You can also find a useful guide; link: "What is curriculum for excellence?" on the Learning and Teaching Scotland website.
- Additionally the following briefing papers may help parents/ carers understand plans for the curriculum being followed in school:
Progression from the Broad General Education to the Senior Phase
Part One - The S3 Experience
Part two - Learning in the Senior Phase
Part three - Curriculum Planning at the Senior Phase
- Scottish Universities have been asked to respond to the Curriculum for Excellence and below are files which contain their statements. This statements may be helpful to those who are concerned about the qualifications that Universities will be looking for under the new system and for those giving advice and guidance to pupils selecting subjects and pathways in the future.